|Boca Boys Baked Beans with Peaches
- 1 package bacon
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 1 50 ounce can of baked beans (recommended: Bush's)
- 1 can peach pie filling
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 tablespoons Boca Boys BBQ Rub, recipe follows
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, until somewhat crispy and its fat has been rendered. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, leaving the fat in the skillet.
- Empty the can of beans into a large baking pan.
- Puree the peach pie filling, barbecue sauce, and dry rub then add it to the pan and mix by hand.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Transfer them to the baking pan.
- Crumble the bacon and add it as well. Mix to combine and bake,
uncovered, until hot and bubbly, about 1 hour.
Boca Boys Dry Rub
- 6 tablespoons Granulated Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Paprika (I use Szeged Hot Hungarian)
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala - an Indian spice blend, made by McCormicks and others
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Turbinado Sugar