|Raspberry Chocolate Chip Loaf|
Raspberries, chocolate chips, and cocoa powder - that's how diets are broken. This is a moist loaf, not exactly a bread, not quite a dessert, but more of an irresistible treat. Make sure the raspberries and the chocolate chips are frozen, otherwise the chips will melt too quickly and the berries will disappear into the mix.
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1-1/4 cups of dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 cup of whole milk or heavy cream
- 3 cups of All Purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 cups of frozen raspberries
- 1 cup of chocolate chips - not minis!
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- Cream the butter with the brown sugar. Then mix in the eggs, milk, and the vanilla (use the good stuff!)
- Add in the flour mixture, raspberries, and chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
- Split the batter between 2 greased 9x5 meatloaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes in the meatloaf pan before flipping them over.