- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, orange zest and baking powder; set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar.
- On low speed, mix in the egg and orange juice until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients and cranberries, mixing on low speed just until combined.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch sized balls and place 2 to 3 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes until they just start to crack on top. Yields around 3 dozen cookies.