|Chocolate Chip Raspberry Scones
This simple scone recipe can be modified in a variety of different ways. Blueberries instead of Raspberries. Leave out the chocolate chips, replace them with white chocolate or butterscotch. Add 1/2 teaspoon of mint or almond extract.
Mix dry ingredients well. Cut in butter. Mix in cream. When the cream is almost incorporated, add fruit, berries or nuts. Bake at 425F for 15-18 minutes (high altitude - 440 degrees for 20 minutes) or until tops are just turning golden and centers are set.
- 2-1/2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder (high altitude - reduce to 2 teaspoons)
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream (or whipping cream) - (high altitude - increase to 1-1/4 cups)
- 1 cup frozen Raspberries
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips